Tuesday, March 4, 2014

On the Eve of my Assent

Ever since I can remember cigarette smoke, and ashtrays have surrounded me.  Everyone in my family smoked; my mom, my grandma, my aunts and my dad even smoked black and milds.  

Plus, not only did they smoke, they'd constantly be ripping cigarettes inside our house, leaving a tinge of yellow tar on the walls.  To me smoking seemed completely normal and though I knew it wasn’t natural, I looked up to my family, so naturally I picked up the stunt.
Literally breaking the habit, as I throw 
my remaining cigarettes in the toilet


When I was twelve, I remember sneaking into my mom's purse, and snatching cigarettes from her.  Then I’d haul ass to the woods near my house, burning them down, while foolishly thinking I was smooth.  

When I was about fourteen my habit started picking up steam when I talked my brother into giving me his ID.  I had to walk to the liquor store, but best believe when I would walk out I'd have smokes...been addicted ever since.


Now at twenty-six, I can’t believe I’ve been smoking for over fourteen years.  Currently, I smoke two to three packs of Newport 100’s a week, and according to my mathematical calculations, by quitting I'll be able to save about $1,300/yr.  

 Shameful side effect to have your chest burn, while walking up three flights of stairs.  

Starting tomorrow I’ll be clearing the smoke, by going cold turkey.  My intention for this blog is to display my insanity...



No comments:

Post a Comment